Header

Mrs. King at Home About Mrs. King Contact Mrs. King Mrs. King's Music Class HOME Image Map

Monday Must Haves

I'm linking up with my pal Amy for a Must Have Monday linky party! 

This Tuesday and Wednesday Teachers Pay Teachers is throwing a teacher appreciation sale.  Here are a few of my must haves!

I have ten days of school left.  It is hard to believe!  At the end of the school year I love to spend our classes singing through all of the songs we've learned through the year and reflecting on activities and performances.  My favorite way to do that is with a Music Memory Book.  The one that I use is 8 pages long and works well for 1st through 5th grades.  First graders need a little help with the words and maybe brainstorming for some of the pages.  Fifth graders love the opportunity to talk about their favorite activities and giggle about performances and fun things we've done in class.  I'll post a few pictures next week from these books.  I think you'll be impressed too!  You can get it here.

http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Music-Memory-Book-for-End-of-the-Year-in-the-Music-Room-710959


This year I had big plans to reeeeeally do an awesome unit on Jazz and Blues in February.  Well...January, February and March brought 24 snow days!  LOL...I didn't get to it!  So, in preparation for next year I've been eyeing Sally Utley's collection of Smartboard activities.

Okay...now for a secret.  I'm a clipart junkie! I love collecting bright and beautiful clipart to use in letters to parents, for classroom activities, for concert programs and well...sometimes just because!  One of my favorite clipart artists is Dancing Crayon Designs.  During recorder season (which is going on right now!) I find myself using the Recorder set all the time. 


I hope you find this post helpful and have a great Teacher Appreciation Week!  If you are planning on getting a thing or two at the TpT appreciation sale don't forget to use the code TPTXO to get an extra 10% off.

No comments:

Post a Comment