Header

Mrs. King at Home About Mrs. King Contact Mrs. King Mrs. King's Music Class HOME Image Map

Milestones Celebration

I'm joining with my friend David at Make Moments Matter who is hosting a linky party about milestones.  It has been such a great year that I knew I had to join in the fun!  If you are a blogger, join in the fun by following the link on the picture to see his instructions on his blog.  Come on!  Celebrate with us!
http://makemomentsmatter.weebly.com/classroom-ideas/milestones-something-to-celebrate
Performance Awesomeness
  • My awesome Bearytones performed the national anthem at Busch Stadium before a Cardinals' baseball game.  This was the first time any group from the district had done any such thing.  The support we received the school and community was amazing!  Articles appeared in 2 local newspapers and we even appeared in the state MSTA magazine!  AWESOME!
  • This year groups visited our local nursing homes to spread seasonal joy through music.  Second graders performed folk song favorites and Halloween songs in October, 1st graders spread the Christmas spirit in December and Kindergartners perform right before Easter.  Awesome!
  • Fifth and sixth graders performed a pop concert which featured several rockin' solos and a great rendition of Evolution of Dance.  Awesome!
  • After a few snow days, 3rd and 4th graders finally got to perform A Totally TV Christmas.  Awesome!
  • 1st and 2nd Graders were a howling success with their concert in April called Furs, Feathers and Fun.  Awesome!
Professional Milestones
  • This year I presented 3 sessions about using music to teach math and reading at College of the Ozarks in Branson, Missouri.  These were delightful, energetic classes and I look forward to going back to speak to more future teachers again. 
  • This year I presented "Write On! Ways to Incorporate Writing Into Music Classes in 15 Minutes or Less" at the Missouri Music Educator's Conference.  The conference was so much fun and I got to present after John Jacobson, a music education rock star!  WOW!
  • Last summer I lead sessions at the Missouri State Teacher's Association Leadership Symposium on creating a joyful work environment.  I'll be presenting something similar this summer too!
  • Although it hasn't happened yet, I'll be presenting a session on using workstations in music class at Denise Gagne and Artie Almeida's awesome musical adventures in Branson this summer.  Join us if you can!
What things can you celebrate from your school year?  What milestones did you reach?  If you don't have a blog or can't join the linky party, feel free to leave your successes in the comments section.

2 comments:

  1. These are fantastic things to remember and celebrate! I'm realizing that you're a Missouri teacher. Where abouts? I'm in Kansas City but just over the border teaching on the Kansas side. Where do you teach?

    Thanks for linking up and sharing your successes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live about an hour and a half south of St. Louis and teach about another half an hour south of that. My school is about 35 miles from Poplar Bluff. I may end up in KC this summer for a girls get-away. I'll have to let you know and you can recommend some great places to eat! :-)

      Delete